Saturday, April 28, 2018

Writing Partnership

When Shreya Singh first joined the firm, she was assigned to be working under me. While we started off on a good note, it turned sour in a few days. It continued the same way until she began her Project 365 here.

As a part of her Project 365 , she was assigned to write a blog every day on the Sandarbh Blog.
"What do I write today Ananya!!", she would come and whine every evening. And every single of these evenings, I would respond with a "Why do you think I am not taking up a project 365? Stop asking me" , and her whining would continue.
But at the end of the day-  she would definitely put up a post and I would think, damn - how did she do it?

This continued for a long time until I got tricked into the Project 365 as well. And with the "Start Blogging" post that she had written for me, started a new partnership. Then instead of the one sided whining, we began to whine to each other. And in the hope that we get blog ideas out of it, we began to have random conversations about things that really didn't matter. Every other day, we would have "Dude, I think the blog I wrote doesn't make any sense!" from one of us to the other.  "It's okay, even mine doesn't ", the other would say.

So, now that Shreya is done with her internship period and going out to do new things, I just realized that the Project 365 is solely on me until another intern takes over Shreya's role!
Oh no! Who will I whine to every night?

I think I'll miss my writing buddy in office. Best of luck for your future adventures Shreya!

1 comment:

  1. OMG ANANYAAAAAAAA!!!!! I will miss my writing buddy as well!!!!! Who will listen to my dumb ideas! You know what. Distance or not best thing about words is that they are boundless. And we can totally still exchange writeups and ask for crits!
    After all. Once a writing buddy, always a writing buddy! XP
    (Btw I don't remember things going sour between us .Are you sure you are not making this up? XD)

    ReplyDelete

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...