Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Building Blocks

Story Time!

When I was 8 years old I decided to become an architect. Not really knowing what an architect was, but my parents said it was nice, so it must be fine. And so I played with Lego blocks, given by my mother, and made zany objects.

Skip five years, after an intense reading and repeated enactment of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s infamous Sherlock Holmes, I decided it was time India got its first consultant detective.

Skip five more years. Quantum Physicist it was.

Five years later. I will be passing out as an Architect. So it does come full circle.

I am not saying that architecture is something I fell upon. But I believe it is something I was fated upon. My point being. Sometimes life just happens. And it may be exactly what you needed. However, it may turn sour really fast if you don’t try to do anything about it.

I know, confusing. Imagine Newton. Life happened and an apple fell on his head. But instead of cursing his luck of sitting below the one apple that was going to fall he did something about the whole scenario of the apple falling on his head. And asked instead. Why did it fell down?

I studied architecture because it reminded me of my childhood aspirations. It made me feel like I was meant to be, and showed me real beauty in life.

This is my story of falling into architecture and then soon falling in love with it.

What’s yours?

Fun fact: One great architect whose mother also gave him wooden blocks to play with as a child: Frank Lloyd Wright. I think I had a good start ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...