Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Start Blogging

Do you want to start blogging?

Are you keen on stretching your writing skills and dusting that old thesaurus to finally put up your opinion for the world to see?

Great! Go for it!

But… how do you start blogging? There are tons of information on the internet that will tell you a billion of things you need to do before you start putting stuff up. What do I even write about? And what the hell is SEOs?

Believe me, I went with the same whirlpool when I started blogging. And to be honest I still don’t know how most of it works.

This is my 39th blog on this site that I have put up every working day in the office. A daily blog as you may say. And so I believe I might be in a position to tell you a thing or two about it.

(I might even tell you my secret of how I come up with material to write about!)

First and foremost. Give committed time to think and write EVERYDAY. Seriously even if you are not putting up a blog every day, by writing you will be brushing your skills. And who knows maybe you might come up with an idea!

Speaking of which. Always be ready to write down your inspiration. As in my previous blogs where I talked about inspiration (a lot!) I mentioned how inspiration could literally strike any time of the day. Now the idea that comes out might not be viable for the present situation, however keep it safe, who knows where you might need it.

Don’t be too critical. A good critic is the building block of any piece of art. But being overly critical may just ruin your work and sabotage your confidence. So, when you are reviewing your work, don’t put yourself down by taking out mistakes and in the end not even completed what you started. Just write, slightly edit and put it up. Remember you can always go back and make changes. (Something Sai keeps on telling me).

Hold yourself accountable if you don’t meet your set deadlines. If you can’t be responsible enough (*cough*me*cough*) have a person around who will do it for you. It will not only keep you on your toes, but will motivate you to write.

Last but not the least, just write. It doesn’t need to be a Shakespearean sonnet Most of my first cuts are so incoherent even I don’t understand. But once I get through my thoughts, with slight editing I am good to go. And so will you be. So just start writing!

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...