Monday, April 23, 2018

Who is this Rambo?

It's sometimes very nice to go back to the early times. Last night, we ( myself, Harshitha and Sulu) sat together talking about the times when we had just joined the office. 

Harshitha and me joined the firm around the same time. So after our job was confirmed at the firm, both of us began to speak to other employees working at Sandarbh trying to understand the work culture and our living options. Sai had connected me to a couple of girls from the team so that I could figure out about moving to Bangalore. He introduced me to Priya, Madhura and a couple of interns. I immediately set upon asking them details of stays etc. 

So one evening, Harshitha texted me introducing herself. I had heard of Harshitha only once before and was surprised to  see her texting me. 
"I heard that you are looking for a place to stay near Sandarbh. Rambo told me about it", she texted. "I am looking for a place to stay as well, so do you want to find a place together?". 
She spoke about other things regarding apartments, rents and other factors to consider. After reading the text, I had a couple of  concerns in my head. For eg. the fact that she was a stranger I had never met before, or that I didn't know how her lifestyle was like.

 But beyond all of this, I had another major concern running through my head - 

"Who is this Rambo", I texted back. 

'And why is he talking about me?', I thought in my head. 

*
Rambo, today - is a close friend. Harshitha and me, are very content roommates. We have a hearty laugh everytime this conversation is repeated. 

Today, the people at office feels like such a large part of my life that this phase seems like it happened centuries ago. Even the people who joined later, like the interns who would stick around only for 6 months or a year maximum, feels like family. It takes a toll on your emotions everytime a batch leaves. 

What a difference time can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...