Friday, April 6, 2018

The Architect Holding a Camera


The best part of being a part two creative fields ( architecture and photography) is that you get the chance to go out and talk to people of diverse backgrounds, fields and experiences.

Today’s day of work was unexpectedly filled with complex terms like circular economy, waste management , environment degradation, Kyoto protocol etc. And despite being at a conference held by economists, environmentalists and scientists held for the benefit of future managers, the Architect holding a camera that I was today felt like I was a part of the talks more than I intended to be.
"Circular Economy for Global Sustainability – From Aspiration to Implementation", wasn’t a heading I thought would be coming across after I passed my tenth grade.
But surprisingly so, a lot of the speeches by the eminent guest who came together at the AIMS Institute caught a lot of my attention.
Most of the day was spent juggling around cables, batteries, cameras and SD cards. The rest of it went into holding the camera, checking the mikes and getting the settings right.
But after this long day of capturing these well known personalities speak about their contribution towards replenishing the natural resources, their thoughts of how you and me could help in saving the planet earth, we sat our car – sharing our thoughts about the economy and sustainability. Probably it’s time that you and me started thinking about the Earth and what we would do without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...