Friday, April 20, 2018

Divine Comedy

“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them”. It is a profound thought by Greek philosopher that got me thinking.

It’s like a paradox when you think about it. And it is a paradox of being an expert, we can’t do without learning, and we can’t learn without doing.

What?

I am sure most of the students graduating out there can relate to the sentiment. It is our greatest dilemma.

I want a job to gain experience, but I need the experience to apply for the job…

Divine Comedy is what I would call it. However, it often slips through our minds. Though we might not have enough experience in the professional field, we do have enough of it in the personal one.

We are the younger generation. We just graduated from college, and each one of us has a vision for our lives, a vision for the world. Where the old fall short in time and a drive. We have both. If we put our heads in it and finally stop doubting ourselves. It might turn out this divine comedy might actually be funny.

It’s something Sai says a lot, you are your own enemy, the only thing limiting you is your perception of yourself.

And so I would like to end with another paradox, introduced to us by Sai.

I sing because I am happy, I am happy because I sing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...