Thursday, April 5, 2018

Market Yourself

Earlier this morning as Meghna and I were walking towards our office we started discussing how to market ourselves.

Have you ever met these people who could just start talking and every word that comes out of their mouth is like cocaine, and you just get hooked so fast?

The two of us agreed we envy those people.

But then it occurred to me. With enough practice and enough confidence, anyone can sell themselves. Albeit I have to agree I might not be the best person to talk about it. But there are a few things I have learned.

Like when talking about yourself, self-doubt is out of the question. Words like maybe, sort of, and er… are the enemy of your being. It kills your conviction.

Another maybe, that many times when people talk about themselves they often are unable to separate themselves from who they are, and the product they could be. Okay bear with me, you are you, you can be flawed, imperfect and conflicted. But you as a product, you are cool, amazing, indestructible and awesome.

You might get it wrong a couple of times but when you spin the story of this amazing human being enough number of times, believe me, you will be a pro!

1 comment:

  1. Shreya, I am assuming you mean you create a better version of yourself as you start to mindfully introspect and build yourself up.
    - Sai

    ReplyDelete

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...