Friday, December 21, 2018

Getting organised

From the moment I mentioned Architecture's interdisciplinary nature in my previous blog "Are we there yet?" , I've been trying to broaden my sense of understanding of this statement. Hoping to be bedazzled by what more I can find out.
In the past couple of days, I found out how principles of project management itself is an integral part of running the office processes in a very systematic method.

I was amazed how most things could get organised by making this kind of a planning as a second nature thought process. Be it in effectively living lives to our most efficient self or be it carrying out processes in the office. Things fall into place once we channel our efforts into getting organized.

I've always heard -  start from the bigger task and then break the problems down into smaller fragments.
Today's activity took it to a whole new level. Understanding yesterday's principles in a practical affair was what would really shackle our understanding and habits to think in a level that's more calculative - channeled towards better efficiency.
Discussion with Sai painted a broader picture about these concepts in my head.
I'm glad to have been in the right place at the right time to be  witness to this discussion. I hope that the implications of these processes help me shape a mindset that provides an edge while managing site in the immediate time span and achieve an overall sense of efficiency and management in a more larger time frame.
Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...