Sunday, June 17, 2018

Lazy Sundays

I absolutely love lazy Sundays. Sleeping in late, enjoying a good brunch and just not having to do anything. The weather in Bangalore is perfectly conducive to this lazy feeling. The clouds are constantly looming over, carrying the promise of rain (but not always keeping their promise).

While I sit down to write this blog, I keep looking out of my window at the full green trees and the grey-blue sky beyond. I can think of a few things that I’d really like right now. On the top of my list is probably a lovely window seat to curl up on. I had a chance to see just that in one of our sites under construction and I just can’t seem to get it out of my head or the list of spaces that I’d love to have in my dream home.


Imagine having a cozy window seat in your room. A space where you can just take your favourite book or a warm cup of coffee and just spend lazy Sundays like today. You’re propped up on some fluffy cushions looking out at a view framed in wood. While the books that you read can transport you to whole new worlds, there’s a story being written right there beyond your window. The trees sway in the wind, dancing to a song that only they can hear. You have a view to the house right across too. The balconies are empty today but some Sundays you can see an old couple enjoying their evening tea, other times there are children running around enjoying the weather just as much as you.
I might not have a window seat for now, but a book and a warm cup of coffee are right here, waiting for me. Don’t you guys just love Sundays too!



-Mannat

1 comment:

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...