Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Aspirations

When I was a naïve little girl still deciding what I wanted to become when I grew up, one of the first things that attracted me towards architecture was the idea that my designs, my creations would eventually be brought to life. The whole idea that something that I would put down on paper could become a reality in the built form really fascinated me. Over time though, somewhere I lost that zeal. It became more about plans, sections and 3D models rather than designs that would take up physical space.
Today I found myself on site witnessing discussions with a client about how a gate should be positioned, how a door should be installed or how an element of wrought iron could be incorporated in a part of the sit-out. It brought back the realization that we as architects try our best to take a client’s hopes, dreams, aspirations and expectations and turn them into built forms, structures and spaces.
Once again I’m excited about the designs we’re working on. These plans, sections and sketchup models will eventually become someone’s home. I can’t wait to see how that will turn out!

-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...