Saturday, June 23, 2018

An Architect’s Role 2.0

Ok before I actually begin with this blog I would just like to tell everyone that blogging everyday can be really hard. There are days when you feel like could write 7 blogs and on others it is borderline writer’s block. Today was one of those days where my mind drew a blank. Not knowing what to write about I sought help from everyone else in office. The conversation about what I could write today shifted back to what I wrote about yesterday (Check that out here). Harshitha clearly pointed that yes design and project management are important roles that an architect plays but what about other things like marketing or client relations? The more I think about this, the more I realize how multi-dimensional this job is and how ignorant we are to this fact in the sheltered world of academia.

Three weeks ago had you asked me to sell myself as an architect, I would have been really uncomfortable with the very idea of it. It has a negative connotation for most of us. But if you think about it rationally you could be an absolutely amazing architect but it is of no use unless you can sell your designs to your clients. And even if you’re an average architect who is able to market his/her designs well, aren’t you a more successful architect already?

What do you guys think?


-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...