Saturday, June 16, 2018

Feels like Home

After about two weeks of being in Bangalore, the homesickness bug finally caught up with me. It hit me much earlier than I expected and it hit me hard. Now don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the whole idea of a new place, new people and new things to do but I also miss my life back home. All of yesterday went about in coordinating material requirements on site, getting quotes for the same and mostly feeling miserable. Noticing this, Sai pulled me aside and told me to go talk to my parents and admit to the fact that I missed them (something that I was very reluctant to do). Talking to them certainly helped me feel better and the fact that we have a prospective client in Delhi was really the silver lining to my cloudy day.
The day soon came to an end and since we had a long weekend coming up everyone stayed behind to chill. We sat around, joked, had a couple of beers and mostly just took the time to get to know each other better. We ended up the gathering by indulging in some really tasty haleem thanks to Harshitha. I finally got to eat my dinner in a plate (it's a big deal when you're eating out of a tiffin every day!)
I guess I really needed something like this. It was nice to just be with everyone and enjoy good food and conversation. I still miss my family, my friends and the general feeling of everything Delhi. But then again, maybe I've found something like family here too.


-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...