Wednesday, June 20, 2018

New Friends


In a new city you would expect one to explore new places, eat new food and make new friends. I can safely say in the three weeks that I’ve been here I’ve ticked all three things off my list. Been to a few new places, eaten some good food and made lots of new friends. Some of these friends I work with, some I live with and then there are a few others who have found a somewhat special place in my life. They’re the ones that I’ve been communicating with the most, my recents in my call logs and right on top of the list in my frequently contacted whatsapp messages. Seems like the carpenters, masons and contractors that I’ve been co-ordinating with on sites have become my best friends in Bangalore. Constantly finding out what is happening on different sites, clearing doubts and supplying work has been incredibly overwhelming ever since I’ve been initiated into the process. I honestly don’t know a lot of things about the on-going projects but Sukhdev, Manoj, Santosh and Krishna have been patient with me. They call me when they require clarifications or need drawings and I call them when I need any information from the site. We’ve formed a somewhat symbiotic relationship and it seems to be working out well. For now, I can only hope that a call log full of contractors, carpenters, masons and tile-layers is the only side effect of site coordination!





-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...