Saturday, July 14, 2018

Processes - Part I


As I mentioned yesterday a lot has changed in office over the past week. We're steadily moving in the direction of become a more organized and more efficient office. But the more I think of it, the more I realise that even though the changes have become more apparent in the last one week, the process for the same had been set in motion even before we joined! In the first couple of mails and messages shared with Sandarbh, the job roles had been clearly defined into categories - client communication, marketing, site, material procurement, design. We were told that we would be working in one of these various branches only, the branch that was best suited for our capability. Initially all of us were a bit hesitant about it, wanting to get the whole experience and not just one part of it. But now I see the wisdom in it. By splitting us up into our respective job roles, we are excelling in the aspect that we are skilled at while still getting exposed to the others (without having to do all the work). Let me explain myself here. Now I've never been one to sketch, I prefer expressing myself through words or digitally created drawings. However, when I see Nikhil or Clarence sketching, it may not directly help with my sketching skills, but my understanding of composition and presentation is certainly getting better. Similarly each one of us picking up on things from the other person. So, contrary to our earlier belief this process of getting to be the best at one thing while still being able to pick up other skills seems to be working for us. 

How is the process of the various branches working together coming along? Come back tomorrow to know more!


-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...