Thursday, July 19, 2018

Let's build... Skills

As we're moving towards becoming a more organized and efficient office, we are putting in effort to plan out our days - in office as well as on site. As a side effect of becoming more efficient, we are also moving through the quantum office work at a faster pace. Several times a day you'll hear these questions in the studio -  "Does anyone have any work I can do?" or "What do I do next?". We're working towards the point where everyone is engaged throughout the day, but I found myself in the very same spot today. Uptil last evening, I felt like I had plenty to do but today my agenda for work seemed to be done in the first half of the morning itself. Wondering what to do next, I decided to read up on one of the many books that Sai has left out for us to read. These books ranging from topics like project management, time management to how to be successful, are part of a skill-building process. Sai had very clearly put it for us to understand - if you're constantly working hard and not improving on your skill, then you're not putting your time or efforts to good use. If you build up on your skills, your work becomes better too! As I settled in with the book, I realised that never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that it would be okay for me to sit in office, not "work" and read. (I know you guys would want to know what book I picked out, but that's a story for another day!) This is the thing that I love most about working at Sandarbh though- we spend most of the day doing the kind of work that we actually enjoy, and only a small part of it goes into the things that aren't exactly enjoyable but need to be done...

-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...