Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Ups and Downs

For those of you who have been following the 4 weeks at Sandarbh series, by now you would've realised that the experiences at Sandarbh have been a combination of ups and downs. Yes, there are days where we celebrate small victories but there also days like today where you go home feeling low. Today has been a literal wake up call for me. As I went on to site for a project that is to be handed over tomorrow, I realised just how much difference the last leg of effort can make. No matter how good a design, for it to show you need regular, monitored progress and it's the finishing that matters most - which was exactly what was missing there. From room to room I noted the flaws, things that seem small yet would be huge for the people who live in the house. I could only imagine myself in their shoes and trust me that was not a place I wanted to be in.
We have been talking about processes in office and how we are getting better as an organization. We may have started these processes on site too but there is still a long way to go. Sitting in office, all of the work seems to be going smoothly. One would assume that the processes in office have seamlessly percolated to the sites. But today I realised it isn't so.
So, today had definitely been a low for me and for the organization (design and construction) as a whole. However, it has also been a reality check, a point from which we need to strive higher and make improvements. My heart feels heavy today but my hopes are high. Maybe this wake up call was just what we needed!


-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...