Thursday, August 23, 2018

Magic Tricks

Remember our SketchUp sessions? (You can read about them here ) Recently we've been doing the same exercise for Excel. Every now and then we'll sit down for a quick discussion, to develop software skills that inevitably make our life easier. Now most people who use Excel regularly and efficiently would probably roll their eyes if I told them that earlier I would literally use it only as a table to put information into. No formulae were used, no connections were made. What a waste of Excel right?
But I'm working on it now, using it instead of a calculator to do material calculations etc. Today while I was trying to figure out the project schedule for one of our sites, Sai introduced us to the concept of Pivot tables and it was like magic to me (Yes excel afficianados, I can see you rolling your eyes again!) Filling in all data on one sheet and just inserting pivot tables gave me so many different results based on what I was looking for. For someone experiencing pivot tables for the first time, it did feel like a magician pulling a rabbit out of his hat!

-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...