Wednesday, August 8, 2018

4 weeks at Sandarbh : Clarence

So this last one is going to be a slightly different format. An interview with Clarence didn't really work out. It ended up being more of a short monologue so let's get to that...

Hi I'm Clarence. I come from a small part of Kerala called Kollam. I've never actually been out of my comfort zone before this which is why I wanted to intern in Bangalore. I heard about Sandarbh from a senior of mine. I read the blogs after that to familiarise myself with the place, and I really liked the environment in office. I feel like I've never really been very responsible but here I'm learning so much more about life too. Just a simple thing like patching up a flat tire, I never really thought I could sort these things out myself before. I've been pushing my boundaries while I've been here. Everyday I'm trying to excel a bit more, something I never did before. Sai said something day before about striving for excellence and that really stuck with me. Sai has been a great mentor to me, kind of like Shifu from Kung Fu Panda. The interactions that we have with him really resonate with me. The atmosphere in office is really comfortable. Before this I wasn't sure of what an architectural office is like. Most of my friends back home only get to draft. I get to take part in the design process, the site visits and of course the life lessons. I really appreciate my experience here.




-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...