Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Home is where the Heart is

During the week, work takes up a major chunk of my day. On my days off, I make it a point to catch up with family, friends and sleep. This particular public holiday was spent enjoying a yummy lunch with my sister, followed by a visit to her pg. Today I saw her new room for the first time - tapestries were hung over the wall, fairy lights draped over the curtain rods, little posters and childhood pictures dotted various surfaces here and there. She had gone a step beyond the basic set up to make it feel more like home. This observation coupled with my experience from yesterday (check out the blog 'Ups and Downs' to know more) made me wonder - why is it that we associate such strong memories with the idea of home? I mean consider the word homesick. The very idea of being away from home is likened to an illness! What is it that makes the idea of home so important for us - is it the people, the place or the memories associated with the space? What do you guys think? What's your idea of home?

-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...