Sunday, August 5, 2018

Two thirds to go

Today I've been a part of Sandarbh for exactly 2 months- one third of my total internship period. The work has been interesting to say the least. Over this period I've come to realise a lot about myself - my strengths, weaknesses and capabilities. I really look forward to office. But as much I love the work and the people, I also really enjoy my days off. Today I got a chance to catch up with a few of my college friends. It was amazing to meet them after all this time. Post the usual pleasantries, the conversation was pretty much centred around each of our internship experiences- office environment, type of projects, working hours, our colleagues. As we kept discussing with each other, I realised what a perfect fit Sandarbh has been for me. The work environment provides us with processes and a structure but within that too there is enough flexibility to suit each of us. We also get to focus on the areas that we're interested in whether it's writing, sketching, composition or anything else under the sun. Skill-building too is a unique part of the work that is expected of us - reading, researching or simply having discussions on the different aspects of architecture. And of course the people at work have been a huge part of this experience. I've seen them at their most serious, completely focused on resolving issues or meeting deadlines and I've also seen them chilling, laughing, gossiping even! It's been a journey of ups and downs but it's been worthwhile. Can't wait to see what the remaining two-thirds is going to be like!


-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...