Sunday, August 19, 2018

Life in a Bubble

As I have mentioned in some of my previous blogs, most of my Sundays are spent lazing around or catching up with family and friends. Today I spent the day at my best friend's place. We have literally known each other since we were in our diapers and have been fairly close ever since (No, this is not an exaggeration. We've actually known each other all our lives) A few years back her family shifted to Bangalore and she was off to Brighton for college. She's back here for summer break and was possibly most excited to know that I'd be working in Bangalore. I occasionally go stay with her on the weekends  and it's an interesting experience because we never really go anywhere beyond maybe a 2km of her house. So, she stays in an apartment complex which is bang opposite a mall. Now when she's here she doesn't really have too many social interactions beyond a small group of people (most of her friends are still in Delhi) And when I think of it, it's quite convenient really. Everything from a swimming pool to a Zara store is pretty much within walking distance. From sports to recreation to basic necessities everything falls into that bubble that is her life and she loves it. Despite the convenience though sometimes I wonder how I would adjust to a situation like that. I pretty much oscillate between being a homebody and someone who's constantly out. Its always extremes and there is no in between for me. I wonder what living in a place like this would be like. What do you guys think? Would you love the convenience of it all or feel limited by it?


-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...