Thursday, March 29, 2018

Suhana Safar


 “You never really know somebody until you’ve spent hours in the car with them,” says Rachel DeAlto, a New York-based relationship and communication coach. Though this advice was originally given for those romantically involved, I believe this could be used in a plutonic sense as well.

Sai, Leena, Ritika and I went to four sites today. And though once in site we were working professionally. The real fun took place off site.

One of the greatest way to bond, I believe, would be to go for a long drive. Lucky for us in Bengaluru, by default every drive is a long drive. I don’t know what it is, maybe the fear of long awkward silence or the agonizing traffic that motivates us for such stimulating conversations. But I always end up with a better sense of the person I was in the car with.

Like in the beginning, Sai updated me on the latest political affairs, along with few hilarious Rahul Gandhi jokes (TBH everything that comes out of his mouth is a joke now days). Of-course Leena and Ritika got bored out of their minds and the beginning of the safar was more like suffer for them.
But then I think they caught up in the conversation once we started talking about Bellandur lake catching fire every now and then, (wait what!???!).

Half way through a day, and after a dreadfully long client meeting, somehow we ended up with the topic of marriage. Apparently Ritika fancied one of our projects so much that she would either marry or kill the client! Just to live in the house. Which once again proves, love and insanity can often be found in the same place.

We stopped for lunch at Bewskey, which apart from their interesting ambiance and a koi fish pond serve a mean whiskey cocktail called Matka Magic.

The whole day was like a trip, we would skip from site to site all huddled in a car, telling each other tall tales, one including what a psycho one of my flatmate is.
In the end of the day, when we were going back, this one guy cut Leena ahead. She was taking none of it and things became really furious really fast. However once we did catch up with this dude, he totally freaked and apologized immediately from his car. The whole thing was a cherry on the top of our safar as we laughed all the way back to office not because

I know this blog had nothing to do with architecture (much like most of the things I write). But it was a sneak peek into the lives of a Sandarbh Architect. And I know, I know, I am not an architect (yet). But in office I am a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...