Wednesday, March 28, 2018

From the heart

Confession Time!

I joined Sandarbh with a yes sir attitude. When I say yes sir I don’t mean a bootlicker, I mean I would not say no to any kind of work. And believe me, it got me into a lot of trouble.

It was my personal belief, by saying no you will be limiting yourself from opportunities. And what idiot does that? Is what I thought.

Then I found out that the only thing worse than a person who says no is the one who says yes and doesn’t deliver. And as I constantly failed to deliver.  I learned pretty quickly (if you say one-fourth of my internship is pretty quickly) this new amazing word, NO. 

The advantage of working in a team is you don’t have to do everything. You work on your strengths and trust the others will work on theirs. That way symbiotically, your team will get amazing results, (As I mentioned earlier in my blog Lone Genius vs. Teamwork).

Life doesn’t need to be hard. You can either live like a miserable old downer, struggling to get what you aim for but settle for much less. 

Or! You chose to be happy. Do things that you find fun, something you are pretty good at and never settle.

The choice is yours!!

BTW. I am not in any trouble anymore. Actually, I am having a ball writing and studying architecture. And improving at the same time what do you all think? leave a comment below.


2 comments:

  1. Shreya, I am very proud of the fact the inspite of the first few days(one fourth of the internship) of confusion you quickly understood and were able to course correct. You have shown great resilience and persistence that makes me even more proud !
    Best wishes for the rest of your internship !!
    - Sai

    ReplyDelete

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...