Thursday, October 25, 2018

The last leg

First and foremost I'd like to start off by wishing Harshitha a very very Happy Birthday. And just so happens, I got to accompany the birthday girl for a meeting at a project that is in its last leg. This particular residence was one of the first that I had visited when I started here, and today as I am on site I see a drastic difference. The play of levels, the corner windows, the various patios, sit-outs, decks, terraces and balconies - each feature that had captured my attention in my first visit were all enhanced with the help of the interior finishes. Back then it was just a site but today I saw the beginnings of a home!
The 80-20 ratio that Sai often talks of was becoming more and more obvious as I went around the site. The concept is simple- it takes 20% of effort to get 80%/ work done but that  remaining 20% work requires 80% of effort. I had previously discussed this with Kruti and understood this in a different context of an interiors project. But today I could relate this to an entire project that was built from scratch. To an outsider the changes from the point when I had first seen the residence to today would probably not amount to much, but when you're aware of the effort that has gone in thee differences really stand out. That last 20% has taken a whole lot of effort from the team on site as well as the team in office but the result is certainly worth it!

-Mannat  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...