Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Project 365

After what seemed like forever, I met my aunt this weekend. The conversation flowed over lunch as we spoke of the various things each one of us was up to. She had recently taken up the 'Inktober' challenge and was telling me about her process for coming up with ideas for the prompts. The premise is simple- come up with a drawing or illustration based on the prompts given for each day of the month of October. Some prompts were easy to draw out while others left her completely stumped. The consistency of keeping up with one drawing a day was something she was kind of struggling with but wanted to keep up with. And if I really think about it, it's the same with blogging daily too. The whole idea started off with Project 365- picking one thing you like or enjoy and doing it everyday. While Inktober lasts only a month, Project 365 is a long term undertaking. It is a real commitment and I'll admit I've had a few slip ups here and there but it's still something that I look forward to everyday. Some days I draw a complete blank, other days I have so much to say and some days I have ideas but I just don't feel like putting them together. But by the end of the day, something or the other comes together for sure (the amount of effort certainly varies though!)

-Mannat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...