Thursday, October 4, 2018

Purva's Parting Words

As I sit on my bed wondering what to write about today, I can see Purva across the room finishing off some last minute packing before she heads out. 4 months have gone by in a blur and it feels like only yesterday when we all started at Sandarbh together. It's been quite a journey and I couldn't help but ask her how she feels about the whole thing - about the internship, about the work, about her experience, about the times we all spent together, about leaving and going back to Gujarat now. Here's what she had to say...

" My time at Sandarbh was a completely different experience. It wasn't the typical office I'd expected. We worked had but we were also offered a lot of flexibility in terms of how we worked. The work too was mixed in with a lot of good times. I learnt a lot about the profession and practice while having fun too. This is something that I value a lot. There was no monotony in terms of the work. Even as I think about m work life in the future this is something that I wish would stay with me. I've also learnt now that yes the drawings are important but the understanding on site is equally important too if not more. Sometimes its better to have a human connection, to go and explain on site instead of just trying to convey it through drawings. I've definitely opened up a lot more after this experience too. I got to experience the culture of a metropolitan city- something I would never have had the chance to do had I stayed at home. But then again I'm really looking forward to going back too. The past four months have been full of ups and downs but all in all I would look back at my experience here with fond memories! "

-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...