Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Vivid Imagery

One of the first blogs written by Ananya (and one of the first few that I read on the Sandarbh Blogspot) was titled 'Why Sandarbh?' It explains the idea of 'Sandarbh' which literally translates to Context in many different ways. A part of it was dedicated to describing the context of the streets of Pondicherry. The vivid description was something that just kind of stuck with me and stayed with me somewhere in the back of my memory.
On a short trip to Pondicherry with family this weekend, the memories of Ananya's description surfaced as we strolled around the streets of Pondicherry. Everything I saw around me, I could relate with her words. The tree lined streets, the sounds of the ocean, the colourful buildings, the people cycling around me - the words were coming alive in front of my very eyes.
The power that words have is really interesting. Ananya took the streets of Pondicherry and with her words spun a story of context. These same words in the context of the streets brought back to me a vivid description, an architecture of the space shared by everyone who visits. Fascinating isn't it?

-Mannat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...