Thursday, October 18, 2018

Serene Surroudings

I don't know about you guys, but something about beautiful surroundings definitely makes me feel a lot more creative. Whether its being surrounded by lush greenery, or sitting at the beach with the waves lapping at your feet, or inhaling the crisp mountain air laced with the scent of pinecones. Just something about these settings gets me going. Of course it helps, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a fancy locale. You can find spots like this within your immediate surroundings too. Back in college when the studio got too much for me, it was the amphitheater sheltered by thick green canopies - a space where I loved to sit alone and work (provided there was enough charge in my laptop)

At Sandarbh, I feel like my creativity has often stemmed from the people around me. But these days since most people are on site or at the workshop, its only a few of us in the office and I find myself looking out to my surroundings for inspiration. Today as I leaned back in my chair, this is the exact view I saw. The earthy mangalore tiles contrasted by various patterns of branches and leaves set against the azure sky. Immediately, I knew what had to be done.


I picked up my laptop and moved to the swing outside. The swing swayed in tune with the gentle breeze as did the trees and plants around and I was just as much in harmony as the elements around me. I felt at ease and yet I felt this rush - a kind of creative surge to keep moving, to keep working... except it had stopped feeling like work in that moment



-Mannat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...