Friday, September 14, 2018

Home Sweet Home

Its been over three months since I moved to Bangalore to be a part of Sandarbh. After the initial bouts of homesickness, the adjustment period and finally getting used to my life here, I have come back home for the weekend and it feels soooooo good to be back. Spending time with family in a a place I call my own- the feeling is uniquely comforting. Although in the span of three months Bangalore has somewhat come to be like home too, but the familiarity of a house I've lived in as long as I can remember truly gives me a sense of belonging.
Initially I roam around the entire house, bouncing around from room to room, taking in what has been the same for the longest time as well as observing any changes. A few picture frames have been changed in my parents' room, we have a new microwave in the kitchen, the stack of files lying in Grandmother's room has definitely increased in height and looks more cluttered whereas my room looks rather empty since my sister and I have both moved out.
Eventually I settled down in my room, just lazing around. I'm perched on my bed now, writing this blog. The TV is on but I'm not paying much attention to it. I feel like I'm almost sinking into the mattress, my head resting on a fluffy pillow, enveloped in a soft blanket. This definitely is Home Sweet Home!

-Mannat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...