Thursday, December 13, 2018

Pleasant Learnings at Site

Since the time I've been working at Sandarbh, I have noticed how we are so dependent on technology. This, has been even more apparent during my time at the site.

Tradesmen make up a large part of transforming what we envision as architects to become a reality.

They are harnessing technology by completing the information loop by reporting to the organisation about every task carried out on a daily basis. Efficient Communication through phones and internet mediums between staff have enhanced the quality and skill set on a whole new level. In the same aspect, faster decisions and updates communicated through these methods have made the process as transparent and fast as possible. This kind of communication is what runs the organisation in a smooth and responsible manner.

Yesterday, one of the workers approached me with a beaming look on his face. He sprung out his brand new phone, asking me to create an account to set up his phone.
I was quite happy to see that the technological shift has been taken up by everyone.
It was a very interesting lunch break for me, which made me put my lunch aside and help him set up his phone gladly.


This made me think how the whole dynamics have changed. A few years back internet and seamless connectivity was a wishful luxury. Today the idea of being connected has become a very integral part of everyone's lives. People are ready to work  harder to get that little bit more on  luxury. Makes me think though, in a broader scheme of things, the return on investment through these processes have proved to be far more beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...