Saturday, December 15, 2018

Sapped-out Saturdays

Let's talk about exhaustion.
There's the mental kind, the physical kind and ofcourse, the I'm-sapped-and-I-can't-move kind.
The first two come and go during the week but the last one hits you like a bombshell.
For some one who doesn't get exhausted very easily, Bangalore has been the bane to my consistently high energy levels and Saturdays evenings are often my lowest points.
This realization didn't surprise me at all- the hour long daily commute in unforgiving traffic combined with office work is bound to take a toll on anyone; but what did strike me as really interesting was the fact that today was especially sluggish. And the reason to that lay in plain sight:
The office.
Saturdays in general are lazy because well..it's almost Sunday. But when you add to that, the fact that, for a generally roaring office that thrives on the exuberance of each of its vastly different personalities, today was quiet as there were less than a handful of people in office, you'll see why today was especially tiring.
And not having that extra energy to bring you up on the last working day of the week is just the trigger one's brain needs to push the meter that counts down to ultimate exhaustion, into overdrive.
So as I lie in the cab because I cannot stand up anymore, I hope you have a great weekend.
See you on Monday,
Namitha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...