Monday, December 17, 2018

It's all About the Joy

On the way back home from office, myself,Sulu and Harshita were waiting for an autorickshaw( that seemed non existent then),  when I looked around and spotted a whole string of beautiful "Hot and sweet chilli Lays", in it's amazing orange packet. The three of ran in excitement - got to the shop and bought the whole string of lays. 
After this, it didn't matter how much longer finding the auto took, how cold temperature was, or how late it had become. We found joy in those packets of lays we now devoured in seconds.

*

"At least we are learning" - is a sentence I used when I had just started working, and is a conversation that I see popping up once in a while in my friends circle as well. Every since I started working at Sandarbh, this was a conversation that has repeated itself multiple times over multiple office discussions. Sai just repeated the sentence today - "if you have to put 'at least' before a sentence, there is a problem in the way you are working". 
It took a little time to understand and absorb this, and  to step over the line - the line of working because I'm learning and working because I'm enjoying myself, the shift in mindset where I'm working for Sandarbh not because I need to,  because I want to. And the difference in these mindsets - I couldn't explain even if I wanted to. 

It's like that wait for the auto - the wait that felt torturous earlier, just feels like joy. Just working together, getting everybody's inputs in and making a presentation feels joyous. Just pressing that sent button feels incredible. Writing that one blog everyday feels like a victory. Suddenly, there are multiple victories through the day to celebrate about - not just because I'm learning, because I'm truly, enjoying myself. 

And that, changed everything - the way I looked at clients, the way I wrote narratives, the way I wrote blogs and everything that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...