Thursday, May 3, 2018

An Opinion About Everything

Anirudh is down for a small holiday to Bangalore. He is Ananya’s younger brother and he has been coming to ‘work’ since he came down. He is putting together our ... er , my new desktop. Totally snazzy and powerful and cool is what I expect it to be. I am sure that it will be all of that because he’s a teen and I believe no one knows the latest specs in putting together a desktop like a teen will.

Anirudh has also been going on site visits. I learned today that he had a lot to say abot our projects. He liked the spaces in some, details in another and the interiors in yet another. He must have been bored to death being dragged from site to site but that doesn’t seem to have curbed his architectural opinions at all!!

It’s great actually! It’s awesome that he is telling us what he thinks. It’s a younger, more fresh and a very unbiased from education perspective that he will have. I didn’t go to site yesterday. Hindsight, it would have been good to hear from him what he had thought. I only now know tidbits from what everyone told me.

It’s a good thing to have opinions about everything. All of us do. But it takes courage to express it. Especially when your opinions are on the designs done by architects (including your sister) who are the ones with you at site and at home!!

Well done Anitudh! We should go to site together sometime. I need your kind of opinions. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, its Anirudh,(btw you can just call me Aniru, that's what's on the case of my phone). I'm kinda surprised that you take my simple, one word opinions into something crazy, but I guess all architects are like that, right? (Just on a side note, I'm in the impression that architects have heard so many complicated explanations for their designs that sometimes a simple answer is all they need, then again it's just my opinion.)

    また後で! (See you later!)
    -Aniru

    ReplyDelete

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...