Thursday, May 17, 2018

What is your passion?

Yesterday's discussion during the morning meetings was centered around what to focus on our passions and inspirations or the needs of the clients and the daily running of the office.  Among other topics, it was about why we do what we do and the emotional investment we have to give to each of the projects - something I realized while creating a narrative for a house we were working on day before. (You can read about the process here)
What is the difference? The narrative made me look at the space differently. I needed a story, I had to connect, and so I had to notice - not just see. Today, when I think about the spaces I wrote about, I can see it clearly in my head. I can see the lights and how they create patterns on the floor. I can tell you about the window placements, I can tell you the dark spots. And I probably spend the same if not lesser amount of time as I did earlier.

Take that extra effort and enjoy the things you do, not only would the process be a beautiful experience for us, but it would bring in the human connect to every project. Thus making the process a much more enjoyable one for not only us, but for the client as well.

Not very sure if it was as a result of this particular discussion, the evening at office was different from the regular ones. There were more conversations floating around the office. The topics were varied - it went from the customised people we place in our sketchup models to debates about whether singular or multiple plants should be placed in the courtyard. The environment in the office was more chatty, and when this happened, the work didn't seem like work any more. It was back to becoming a group of people just following their passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...