Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Windows!

 



One of the most distinct memories I have from my early days in Sandarbh was the first time I went to site.  It was my first day at work, and we had gone to take a look at this residence which was moving from the structure to the start of the finishes stage. There was grey all around, the colour of cement everywhere, but I take a turn and see this beautiful green canopy flooding the room through this large window at one end of it. I remember standing there, mesmerized, at how incredible the space looked with that window, imagining the multiple stories that the room owner was going to witness through that window. The window, brought in one factor that no other material or element that the room was capable of doing - time. As the house grew, and neared completion, I could see the world around it changing - the colour of the leaves, the way the sunrays came in, the blue of the sky, the growing kids playing below - all through the windows that framed the world around the home. 

- Ananya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...