Thursday, April 26, 2018

Wax on Wax off

16 weeks over in a blink of an eye.

As I came to the office the first day, I knew my 16 weeks would be fun from the atmosphere in the office. And I was mostly right.

Though the first few weeks I struggled to find my place in the office. I got to do Layout which was literally punishment made for hell by Satan himself. But once I did find my place, I was happy. And so was Sai.

He told me that I am finally producing work he can use.

To which I looked at him in bewilderment. “I did Layout for a whole week! What about that?”

Both Rambo and he laughed. “That was practice.”

WHAT FOR?

And then as we remised over the past few weeks and my extreme hardships, over good food, Rambo asked me “Have you seen Karate Kid?”

And then it struck me, “wax on wax off!”

Made total sense.

“Hard work doesn’t necessarily bear you fruit. You can be working in the opposite direction of productivity.”

That is one lesson I will take with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathu bhai and Missile madam at Do Villa and Baara Maala

You realise how much is in a name when you are talking to one of our masons on site and they tell you that Mathu bhai has asked them to go t...